About Me

Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas, United States
Hume - San D'oria Rank 6 - 75PLD, 42WAR, 38RDM, 37NIN, 33THF, 33SAM, 27WHM, 25DNC 23DRK, 20MNK, 12BLM, 12BST, 10RNG

PlayOnline News

Monday, September 13, 2010

Open Beta

I really could not wait to get home to try out the FFXIV open beta once I heard about it. And now I'm home and I've tried it. The graphics for this game are absolutely gorgeous. I'm just glad I have a rig that can actually run it. I was a little worried about my computer at first because the specs Square Enix put up for the game are a little crazy... especially for an MMO, but turns out I'm running it just fine. So that's good news for when the official release comes out.

For the Beta, I used my three character slots to put a character in each main city. I have a Miqo'te in Ul'dah, a LalaFell in Limsa, and my main Hyur (Beamer Magnus... of course) in Gridania. Beamer I started as a Gladiator since I figure I'm probably the most familar with that. Elita (the Mithr...er... Miqo'te) is a Conjurer, and Twinkle (the Lalafell) is a Alchemist. I have yet to try any Disciples of the Land jobs. I'm so lost on crafting. I just don't like doing it in any game really. I will probably highly neglect that. I like the way battle works in this game though. It's not as fast as some MMO's, but it's considerably quicker than FFXI which is nice.

I'll update more later, but for now, he's what I've got Beamer looking like:

No comments: